2017 Shiver Elk River Medallion Hunt Rules
Sponsored by 1st National Bank of Elk River & Star News
- One prize of $500 (in the form of a check), will be awarded to the person that finds and turns in the medallion for verification prior to 4:00 pm Friday, February 10, 2017. Prize awarded after verification.
- Read your Star News February 4, 2017 edition for the 1st Clue and any updates to the hunt.
- (Sign-up for a Free 8 week E-edition trial to the Star News and get the first clue a day before the Star News is delivered to your house AND an email notice when new clues are released each day. Go to erstarnews.com to sign-up for FREE ).
- Clues will appear daily at 10:00 am each morning on erstarnews.com, Saturday, February 4, 2017 through Friday, February 10, 2017 unless the medallion is found prior to that date. Read the daily clues to search for the medallion hidden on public land, somewhere in, or adjacent to an Elk River Park. The medallion will be in or adjacent to a park, on public land in the city limits. Medallion will not be hidden under any skating surface, on a golf course, under any mowed grass area, artificial turf surface or at any construction site. Please observe specific park rules and hours while searching.
- If you find the medallion, PROMPTLY return it to the Star News Office, 506 Freeport Ave, to qualify for the $500 prize.
- The Star News will recognize one winner with one prize. If the finder chooses to share the prize award, it will be his or her responsibility.
- If the Shiver Elk River medallion is not found by 4:00 pm Friday, February 10, 2017, the Star News reserves the right to terminate the Hunt and donate the prize to a local charity. The Star News reserves the right to discontinue the Hunt at any time if public property is destroyed.
- Individuals under the age of 18 must have the permission of a parent or legal guardian to participate in the Hunt. The parent or guardian must claim the prize on behalf of a child.
- The winner will be required to execute and return a Certificate of Eligibility and General Release form within 24 hours of notifying the paper that the medallion has been found. If the winner is under the age of 18, the Certificate must be signed by his or her parent or legal guardian. Non-compliance may result in disqualification. Any income tax liability is the sole responsibility of the winner.
- All participants agree that the Star News, erstarnews.com, Elk River Chamber of Commerce, 1st National Bank of Elk River and their respective affiliate companies, parents, subsidiaries, advertising representatives and agents will have no liability whatsoever, and will be held harmless by participants for any injuries, losses or damages of any kind resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, misuse or use of the prizes or participation in this contest.
- By accepting the prize, winner grants permission for the Star News, its partners, and those acting under its authority to use his or her name, photograph, voice and/or likeness for advertising and/or publicity without compensation.
- No purchase is necessary to win. All contest rules and decisions are final. Employees and immediate family members of the Star News, erstarnews.com, Elk River Chamber of Commerce, 1st National Bank of Elk River, elkriver.bank and all contest partners are not eligible.
- Winner will be published in the February 18, 2017 Star News and online at erstarnews.com & elkriver.bank.
- Star News Office Hours: 8:00 am – 5:00 pm Monday-Thursday, 8:00 am – 4:00 pm Friday.
- Contact Star News with questions: 763-441-3500.