Community

In celebration of Mary Queen of Peace Catholic School students reaching their marathon goal, the school’s principal and teachers were forced to kiss a pig.  Principal Michael Gerard challenged his students to raise $13,125. If they did, the principal of the pre-K through fifth-grade school promised that he would kiss a pig.  Gerard and the […]

facebook icon
twitter icon
comments icon

by Debbie Griffin Contributing Writer As heavy snow fell during the season’s first storm, the Otsego City Council moved quickly through its agenda at the Nov. 10 meeting, acting on the following business. The city agreed to modify its agreement with payroll company ADP and to pay about $15,000 more a year so that Otsego […]

facebook icon
twitter icon
comments icon

Pinewood Golf Course is a great city park. It is a place used by senior citizens, youth, families, organizations and many others. As a senior golfer, I enjoyed Pinewood. The senior golf league was a place to meet others. My wife and I have made many friends during the years we were members at Pinewood. […]

facebook icon
twitter icon
comments icon

Have you been following the news about Ebola in the West African nations of Liberia, Sierra Leone and Guinea? Many have. But did you know the flu and flu-related illnesses killed more than 50,000 people in the United States last year? So, as the leaves fall, snow flies and Halloween costumes are being put away, […]

facebook icon
twitter icon
comments icon

The American Red Cross is asking eligible donors to make an appointment to give blood to help ensure sufficient blood supplies are available for patients this holiday season. Blood donations often decline during the holidays when donors get busy with travel and family gatherings, but the need for blood remains steady. Someone in the U.S. […]

facebook icon
twitter icon
comments icon

by Joni Astrup Associate Editor A bench memorial to honor Lion Neil Anderson will be placed at Bailey Point Nature Preserve in Elk River. Anderson died March 11. “At his passing, the club just felt that they wanted to recognize him in some way,” Lion Harold Gramstad said. Anderson was a long-time member of the […]

facebook icon
twitter icon
comments icon
up arrow
up arrow