Aerial firework sends man to hospital by air ambulance

by Jim Boyle

Editor

A 33-year-old Zimemrman man was injured and airlifted to a hospital Monday night when an aerial firework went off in his hand.

Sherburne County Sheriff’s Deputies were called at 7:05 p.m. on July 7 to to 14338 289th Ave. in Zimmerman to provide medical assistance.

Upon arrival, deputies found Jeffery Vane had sustained severe injuries to his left hand and minor injuries to his face and right hand.

A witness at the residence stated that the firework had a short fuse and that Vane was attempting to light the fuse and then throw the firework.  The firework exploded in Vane’s hand.  The firework was e purchased by Vane in North Dakota.

Vane was air lifted by North Air Care to North Memorial Hospital.

The Sheriff’s Office was assisted by North East Sherburne Fire and Rescue.

up arrow