Elk River closed its conference schedule with a 7-0 victory over Osseo there Thursday and wrapped up a share of the Northwest Suburban championship.
The Elks and Coon Rapids each finished 9-1 in conference, with Centennial and Andover right behind at 8-2, in the closest race in the 10-year history of the conference.
Maple Grove almost gave the Elks a big assist Thursday but Coon Rapids nipped them 4-3 to share the title, their first. The Elks have won or shared four titles, the last one in 2009.
The Elks beat Coon Rapids 6-1 on Sept. 10, winning some class matches, and the Cardinals never lost again. The Elks earned a share of the lead by handing Centennial its second loss 4-3 on Tuesday.
The Elks (15-4 overall) have two non-conference matches left on the schedule, against St. Cloud Tech on Monday and Wayzata on Thursday, both at home.
Elk River 7, Osseo 0
(1) Meagan Brown, ER, def Alison Rusche 6-2, 6-2
(2) Annika Teske, ER, def Sidney Policer 6-0, 6-0
(3) Jen Koehler, ER, def Dana Bakke 6-0, 6-0
(4) Lauren Brayden, ER, def Maddy Marosch 6-0, 6-1
(1) Becca O’Connell-Hadley Purdy, ER, def Maddy Johnson-Hannah Dilley 7-5, 6-4
(2) Erin Reiner-Emma Hannegraaf, ER, def Austin Saffe-Erin Lewison 6-0, 6-0
(3) Dani Dokken-Brooke Burns, ER, def Jane Simon-Brenna Huglee 7-6 (7-3), 7-6 (7-3)