STATE OF MINNESOTA
COUNTY OF SHERBURNE
TENTH JUDICIAL DISTRICT
10-OTHER CIVIL QUIET TITLE
File No. 71-CV-13-1186
Leslie E. Walker, Plaintiff
Charles E. Wegner, the unknown heirs of Charles E. Wegner, Adalaide J. Wegner, the unknown heirs of Adelaide J. Wegner, and all other persons or parties unknown claiming any right, title, estate, interest or lien in or to the property described in the Complaint filed in this matter.
THIS SUMMONS IS DIRECTED TO the above named defendants.
1. YOU ARE BEING SUED. The Plaintiff has started a lawsuit against you. The Plaintiffs Complaint against you is on file in the office of the court administrator of the above-named court. Do not throw these papers away. They are official papers that affect your rights. You must respond to this lawsuit even though it may not yet be filed with the Court and there may be no court file number on this summons.
2. YOU MUST REPLY WITHIN 20 DAYS TO PROTECT YOUR RIGHTS. You must give or mail to the person who signed this summons a written response called an Answer within 20 days of the date on which you received this Summons. You must send a copy of your Answer to the person who signed this summons located at: 400 Jackson Ave., Elk River, MN 55330.
3. YOU MUST RESPOND TO EACH CLAIM. The Answer is your written response to the Plaintiffs Complaint. In your Answer you must state whether you agree or disagree with each paragraph of the Complaint. If you believe the Plaintiff should not be given everything asked for in the Complaint, you must say so in your Answer.
4. YOU WILL LOSE YOUR CASE IF YOU DO NOT SEND A WRITTEN
RESPONSE TO THE COMPLAINT TO THE PERSON WHO SIGNED THIS
SUMMONS. If you do not Answer within 20 days, you will lose this case. You will not get to tell your side of the story, and the Court may decide against you and award the Plaintiff everything asked for in the complaint. If you do not want to contest the claims stated in the complaint, you do not need to respond. A default judgment can then be entered against you for the relief requested in the complaint.
5. LEGAL ASSISTANCE. You may wish to get legal help from a lawyer. If you do not have a lawyer, the Court Administrator may have information about places where you can get legal assistance. Even if you cannot get legal help, you must still provide a written Answer to protect your rights or you may lose the case.
6. ALTERNATIVE DISPUTE RESOLUTION. The parties may agree to or be ordered to participate in an alternative dispute resolution process under Rule 114 of the
Minnesota General Rules of Practice. You must still send your written response to the
Complaint even if you expect to use alternative means of resolving this dispute.
7. To be included only if this lawsuit affects title to real property:
THIS LAWSUIT MAY AFFECT OR BRING INTO QUESTION TITLE TO REAL PROPERTY located in Sherburne County, State of Minnesota, legally described as follows:
Legal description for PID 30-401-1555
Lots 13, 14, 15 and 16, Block Fifteen (15), Third Fremont Lake Shores, according to the plat thereof of record and on file in the office of the County Recorder in and for Sherburne County, Minnesota.
All that part of the West Half of the Southwest Quarter of Section 10, Township 34, Range 26, Sherburne County, Minnesota described as follows: Beginning at the Northeast comer of Lot 13, Block 15, Third Fremont Lake Shores as filed and recorded in the Office of the County Recorder of Sherburne County, Minnesota; thence southeasterly on the extension of the Northerly line of said Lot 13, for 59.5 feet; thence southerly, parallel with the easterly lines of Lots 13, 14,15 and 16 of said Block 15, a distance of 181 feet more or less, to intersect the southeasterly extension of the southerly line of Lot 16, Block 15, Third Fremont Lake Shores, thence northwesterly along said extended southerly line of said Lot 16, a distance of 59.5 feet more or less, to the southeast comer of said Lot 16, thence northerly along the East lines of Lots 16, 15, 14 and 13, Block 15, Third Fremont Lake Shores to the Northeast comer of said Lot 13 and the point of beginning.
Subject to easements and reservations of record, if any.
Subject to the rights of the holder of a Mortgage originally given by Leslie E. Walker, single, to MERS as holder for original lender United Wholesale Mortgage dated September 3, 2013, recorded September 6,2013 as Sherburne County, Minnesota, Recorder Document # 777715. The object of this action is to secure a judgment that Plaintiff is the owner of this parcel in fee simple and that the defendants have no right, title, estate or interest therein or lien thereon.
Dated September 13, 2013
/s/ Clifford C. Lundberg
Plaintiffs attorneys signature
Clifford C. Lundberg, Attorney
400 Jackson Ave.
Elk River, MN 55330
Published in the
September 21, 28, October 5, 2013
Walker vs. Wegner