Elk River lost its tennis opener to the Minnetonka Skippers 7-0 there on Saturday.
“They have a very strong team this year. They were much more match ready than we were,” said Elk coach Leroyce Chapman. “It was a good match for us to learn from and see what we need to work on in the weeks to come.”
Minnetonka had two eighth-graders at the top of the lineup. Bella Lambert beat Elk eighth-grader Meagan Brown 6-2, 6-0, and Anna Letto beat Elk sophomore Annika Teske 7-5, 6-0.
The Elks will open conference Tuesday hosting Park Center.
Minnetonka 7, Elk River 0
(1) Bella Lambert, Min, def Meagan Brown 6-2, 6-0
(2) Anna Letto, Min, def Annika Teske 7-5, 6-0
(3) Adrienne Irmer, Min, def Jen Koehler 6-2, 6-1
(4) Christina Jones, Min, def Emma Hannegraff 6-2, 6-0
(1) Bri Smith-Theresa Tebun, Min, def Hadley Purdy-Becca O’Connell 6-0, 6-1
(2) Abby Steiger-Jeanna Kregness, Min, def Lauren Brayden-Erin Reiner 6-1, 6-1
(3) Hailey Scott-Kelly Endres, Min, def Brooke Burns-Danielle Dokken 6-0, 6-0