The Rogers tennis team finished its best season with a 5-2 victory over Big Lake on Thursday.
The Royals were 6-4 in the Mississippi 8 Conference for third place, and 8-10 overall.
Rogers also had its sub-section singles and doubles on Thursday and did not advance anyone to sectionals, so the season is over. They lost a section match last week to Champlin Park.
Derek Smith and Jonah Larson won their matches at No. 1 and 2 singles, respectively, against Big Lake, both finishing with winning records. Smith, a senior, was 11-9, and Larson, a junior, was 12-8.
Rogers 5, Big Lake 2
(1) Derek Smith (R) def. Trevor Grasto 6-1, 1-0 (ret.)
(2) Jonah Larson (R) def. Cory Backhaus 6-0, 6-1
(3) Cory Penick (R) def. Austin Abbott 5-7, 6-3, 6-1
(4) Jake Morgan (B) def. Cameron Ly 6-3, 6-3
(1) Ryan Puetz/Jackson Nelson (R) def. Guanbei Wondor/Spencer Mattson (BL) 6-4, 6-4
(2) Jett Weiand/John Cocchiarella (B) def. Reed Kolles/Jake Thomes 2-6, 6-1, 6-2
(3) AJ Peterson/Jake Thomes (R) def. Brian Dider/Xander Krueger 6-4, 6-2