Elk River bounced back from their first loss since 2011 by defeating the Blaine Bengals 7-0 on Monday at Blaine.
“We had a good match with Blaine.Their doubles were strong, but we managed to win every point,” said Elk coach Randy Ronning. ”The players responded well to the close loss to Burnsville on Saturday, and bounced back in a good way.”
The Elks’ 4-3 loss to Burnsville on Saturday in the third match of a quadrangular ended their win streak at 37 in a row, including 31-0 last year. But the win over Blaine kept alive another streak. The Elks have won 64 straight matches in Northwest Suburban Conference play.
Nathan Chathamontry and Noah Steichen at No. 1 doubles pulled out a close three-setter to complete the sweep.
The Elks will play at Champlin Park on Tuesday.
Elk River 7, Blaine 0
(1) Josh Gearou, ER, def Tyler Pratt 6-0, 6-0
(2) Sam Gearou, ER, def Austin Ditzig 6-0, 6-1
(3) Josh Chuba, ER, def Wyatt Sherwood 6-3, 6-1
(4) Logann Burns, ER, def Peter Troy 6-3, 6-2
(1) Nathan Chanthamontry-Noah Steichen, ER, def Connor Ingalls-Matt Seracki, 6-1, 4-6, 7-5
(2) Joe Wetherille-Nick Tran, ER, def Jake Jorgenson-Zach Penn 6-3, 6-3
(3) JordanHaack-Tyler Creelman, ER, def Charlie Harris-Cooper Cherveny 6-4, 6-3