New River, CentraCare agree to lease agreement
ST. CLOUD, Minn. – New River Medical Center’s Board of Directors has approved agreements to formally affiliate with CentraCare Health System effective April 1.
Since January, CentraCare has operated New River Medical Center under a management agreement signed by both organizations. During this time, the organizations have been working towards finalizing the lease and affiliation agreements, approved by New River Medical Center’s board last night.
New River Medical Center selected CentraCare after spending several months analyzing the pros and cons of affiliating with a health system; evaluating the benefits an affiliation would bring to New River Medical Center, its patients and the community; and entertaining affiliation proposals from several health systems. Both parties have agreed to enter into the due diligence process which includes an independent audit by an outside agency. After the completion of pending due diligence and final approval by the CentraCare Health System Board of Directors, the affiliation will move forward.
The approved lease and affiliation agreements confirm CentraCare’s pledge to strengthen and grow local health care services. CentraCare’s commitments to the Hospital District and the health of the community include:
- Reopen an obstetrics and birth center by the spring of 2014 to serve the women and growing families of this community.
- Recruit and maintain primary care and specialty providers who support local health care.
- Invest in facility, capital and technological advances in order for the facility to remain state-of-the-art.
- Maintain, develop and grow services to ensure that a continuum of health care services are offered and provided locally.
- Ensure financial viability through commitments regarding current debt and offsetting operating losses in order to avoid future tax levies by the Hospital District.
- Encourage and enable continued local input for local health care through community representatives on a local governing board.
- Provide opportunity for existing employees to become employed with the new CentraCare affiliate organization.
“New River Medical Center is proud to partner with CentraCare Health System,” said Sheldon Johnson, Chair of New River Medical Center’s Board of Directors. “We believe CentraCare is the best partner for our organization, our patients and our Hospital District. CentraCare has demonstrated they are committed to growing local health care services and investing in our local medical community.”
“We are pleased to have the opportunity to strengthen and expand health care services in the Monticello/Big Lake area,” said Terry Pladson, MD, CentraCare’s chief executive officer. “Our mission is to work to improve the health of every patient, every day.”
St. Cloud-based CentraCare Health System has a long history of investing in the health of the local community through Big Lake Clinic, Monticello Cancer Center, CentraCare Kidney Program – Big Lake Dialysis and St. Benedict’s Senior Community – Monticello.