Family: Wife, Daughter, and Son.
Occupation: Business Representative for the Bricklayers and Allied Craftworkers Local #1 MN-ND, current city council member.
Previous civic and community involvement: I have been a volunteer for a good portion of my life, I helped to donate labor for the Otsego Frankfort Park Project, Car CAER volunteer for CAER food shelf for 10 years running, Basketball Coach for RAYBA Basketball, Usher at Christ Church, Helped Eagle Scouts with Eagle projects within our city as well as other cities, Otsego Festival volunteer, Otsego Pumpkin Patch Volunteer, Feed My Starving Children volunteer, Cub Scout Volunteer, just to name a few.
1. What prompted you to run for the Otsego City Council?
I am a current city council member and feel that It is a worth while endeavor. I like interacting with the public as a fellow citizen and I also like interacting with local business owners. A lot of what I do for a living is problem solving and dealing with issues. I like helping people to find resolve with there isuues and problems. I find it very gratifying.
2. What makes you qualified to be a member of the City Council?
As mentioned I am a current city council person, in my job I serve as a trustee on several funds. As a trustee you are asked to view things from the perspective of the participant of that fund, you must look at things from all directions and come up with the best possible outcome. In a lot of ways this is true for the position of a city council member also.
3. What are the top three issues facing the City of Otsego?
Taxes, Hospital District, and bringing new businesses to our city.
4. What distinguishes you from your opponents and makes you a better choice for the position?
I think each canidate has their pros and cons. I dont feel that it is my place to judge who would be the better choice.
5. What decisions of the council have you liked, and which ones have you disliked?
I believe that the council has been faced with some tuff choices in the recent past and I think that the dessisions made have been good ones.
6. What should the city’s role be in improving transportation in the short-term and the long term.
I believe that the city staff and council need to work with MNDOT and the citizens of Otsego to try and come up with the best outcome for all. If the city can work to pave the way to better represent the citizens of Otsego then they need to do that.
7. There has been economic activity of late stimulating Otsego’s downtown. What more can be done to speed up economic development in the downtown area or further development elsewhere in the city.
Advertise, promote and partner with current businesses.
8. What will your approach be to balancing the city’s budget. Under what conditions would you support a tax increase.
Each year the city has new challenges that it faces. Until I have a full picture of what the city has to work with it would be unfair to try to balance the budget or impose a tax increase that we do not know.