St. Cloud Hospital’s Education department and the St. Cloud Veterans Administration will partner to host the 2nd annual We Honor Veterans: Partnering on End of Life Care for community hospice and palliative care providers and the Veterans Administration Health Care System from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. March 29 at CentraCare Health Plaza, Windfeldt Room.
The conference will teach how to facilitate on-going collaboration of government and non-government organizations and health care providers to ensure that veterans and their families have access to appropriate, high quality hospice and palliative care services.
1. Learn about key components and information available through the We Honor Veterans Campaign.
2. Discuss the process for getting started as a We Honor Veterans Partner and five partner levels.
3. Identify the benefits and services available at the St. Cloud Veterans Administration Health Care System.
4. Identify the roles of the Hospice Chaplin and volunteer.
5. Identify the role of the County Veteran Services Officers.
6. Be able to articulate general understanding of Post-traumatic stress disorder, treatment, and the how diagnosis impacts end of life care.
This conference is appropriate for health care providers and employees in both government and non-government health care organizations interested in forming collaborative pathways.
This education offering has been designed to meet the Minnesota Board of Nursing continuing education requirements for 7.8 contact hours. St. Cloud Hospital has been approved a provider by the State of Minnesota Board of Social Work CEP-77. Social Work Participants will earn 6.5 contact hours. It is the personal responsibility of each participant to determine whether this activity meets the requirements for acceptable continuing education by the licensing organization. To earn contact hours, participant must attend all sessions and complete evaluation form.
For more information or to register, please e-mail [email protected]. There is no cost and lunch is being sponsored by local community hospice agencies and donations.