Tennis: Royals topple STMA 6-1, have 2-0 mark in conference
The Rogers Royals capped a good week of tennis with a 6-1 victory over St. Michael-Albertville on Thursday at home.
The Royals (3-6 overall) are 2-0 in the Mississippi 8, having beaten Monticello 4-3 on Tuesday.
Rogers swept doubles and won 1-2-3 singles against a Knight team that was 6-2 coming into the match.
“Our lineup is finally kind of coming together,” said coach Deb Conley, who’s tried several combinations. “We played some real tough matches so we could find out where the deficits are, and who keep each other up and who works well together. The girls have been really open to moving around and trying new things.”
The only constant has been senior Danielle Anderson at No. 1. She has a 6-4 record and won twice this week.
The Royals will face Anoka, Mpls. South, Coon Rapids, and Roseville Area on Saturday at Anoka, starting 9 a.m.
Rogers 6, St. Michael-Albertville 1
(1) Danielle Anderson (R) def Cierra Eystad 6-0, 6-1
(2) Bailey Kolles (R) def Breanna Haggerty 6-4, 2-, 6-1
(3) Sarah Kornovich (R) def Jessica Duda 6-2, 6-3
(4)Kiana Eystad (STMA) def Sam FitzPatrick 6-3, 6-4
(1) Gina Peppin/Rachel Dodd (R) def Kylie Slavin/Halley Fritze 6-3, 6-3
(2) Julia Sporer/Katy Meyer (R) def Kristina Budde/Michaela Haraldson 6-1, 7-6
(3) Kiana Koeppe/Sydney Livingston (R) def Brittany Ferrian/Alysha Oie 6-3, 6-4