Michaela Schulz went overtime to secure the final point as the Elk River Elks beat Park Center 7-0 at home on Tuesday.
Schulz, at No. 1 singles, handed Ogonna Ojiaku her first loss 6-1, 4-6, 11-9. Ojiaku led 9-7 in the tie-breaker, after Schulz hit long three times, but double-faulted on match point, and Schulz surged to the win.
The Elks won the other six points decisively, giving up just 10 games.
The Elks are 2-0 in conference and 6-1 overall.
“I’m proud of the way the girls have worked hard every day in practice, and have brought their best game to every match we’ve had so far,” said coach LeRoyce Chapman. “But we have a lot of work to do too.”
Next for the Elks is the St. Cloud Apollo Invitational on Saturday.
Elk River 7, Park Center 0
(1) Michaela Schulz, ER, def Ugonna Ojiaku 6-1, 4-6, 11-9
(2) Camille Kraljic, ER, def Kathy Huang 6-1, 6-1
(3) Ali May Kuebelbeck, ER, def Kelly Hauge 6-0, 6-0
(4) Jen Koehler, ER, def Ayanna Perry 6-0, 6-0
(1) Taylor Lussier Flescher-Katie O’Connell, ER, def Bao Yang 6-1, 6-1
(2) Becca O’Connell-Hadley Purdey, ER, def Nicola Tade-Kathryn Doan 6-0, 6-4
(3) Kelly Edwards-Kathi Opsahl, ER, def Chau Ly Phen-Hannah Long 6-1, 6-1