Choice Electric wins bid for trail lighting work

Choice Electric has been awarded a $78,505 bid for a solar lighting project on the Great Northern Trail in Elk River. It was the lowest of two bids. The Elk River City Council awarded the low bid Monday, July 18.
The project includes:
•A solar-powered lighting system to illuminate the tunnel under County Road 33.
•Solar-powered street lights and flashing devices to warn vehicles of the presence of trail users at the intersection of the trail and 221st Avenue.
Both components will be activated when motion sensors detect approaching trail users.
A Minnesota Department of Natural Resources grant will pay for 75 percent of the project, with the city covering the remaining 25 percent.

Comments Closed

up arrow