Fees waived for Sherburne residents at compost drop-off sites

The Sherburne County Municipal Recycling Board has announced the 2011 compost site user fees.

The board includes the communities of Becker, Big Lake, Elk River and Zimmerman.

This year residents of Sherburne County are not required to purchase a permit to use the compost sites located at each of the four cities.

As of May 2, commercial users and non-residents of Sherburne County will be required to purchase a permit. The cost is $50 for a non-resident permit and $200 for a commercial permit (per vehicle) which will be valid for 2011.

Permits can be purchased at each respective city during business hours or Elk River residents looking for more information can call 763-635-1000 or 763-635-1120 or visit the city’s Web site at www.ci.elk-river.mn.us. Elk River City Hall is located at 13065 Orono Parkway.

Zimmerman residents looking for more information can call 763-856-4666, ext. 21, or visit the Web at www.zimmerman.govoffice.com. Zimmerman City Hall is located at 12980 Fremont Ave.

Becker and Big Lake residents can contact their respective cities for more information.

Comments Closed